Jun 1, 2006

Hot Time in the City

I finally got motivated to unpack some boxes today. Helped largely by another trip to Ikea yesterday, where I bought some under-the-bed storage boxes ($12 each!!) and a cheap drawer set for my closet. So! My clothing is 'put away.' Kind of. It is put in the general area of 'away' at least.

As I was unpacking clothes, and hanging up my pictures, I realized that I was getting warm. Hot, even. Really hot. Super freaking HOT. A glance at the thermostat showed that I did, indeed, have it set to 80. The air conditioning was on. And the temperature was reading ninety. Ninety. So... apparently there is something wrong with my air conditioner.

Actually, after a call to the front office, I realized that the breaker for the AC was off, so I remedied that. It is still freaking hot in here, though... But it is down to 87.

Speaking of difficulties cooling things down: my refrigerator is a tad loud. And by a 'tad' I mean 'conversation-interrupting' or 'wake-up-from-sleep-causing' loud. It sounds like a spaceship trying to take off. I informed the management about that when I turned in my little "Is the Apartment in Good Shape"-type checklist. The next day (yesterday), the repair people came, took one look at it and said, "Oh. This is an original. It must be the compressor." Then they asked me how loud it was (real loud), and wrote down that I need a new refrigerator! Yay!! New refrigerator!!

To go with all my lovely new furniture! Speaking of, here are some pics to tide you over (Ari!). I'm only posting two pictures, because, well... everything else is still in major chaos.

Never mind. I lied. I think I'm trying to post at a busy dial up time, so it is being slow. I'll try again later!

In completely other news... I did something very different yesterday. Something I really thought I'd never do. I went to the public animal shelter... and I picked out a cat. A cat! I decided a while ago that I'd like a pet. What I really want is a dog (I looked at the dogs at the shelter too - I wanted all of them), but I am really not in the position to take care of a dog. After a dog, I'd like a kitten. But I don't really think I can take good care of a kitten, either. So, I'm going to get a full grown cat.

I picked one out yesterday, but it was a new arrival, and they need time to let any possible owners come claim it. But on Saturday, if he is still there, he's mine. Or she. I can't remember if it was male or female...

Any ideas for names??? Top of my list right now is "Linus"

1 comment:

Kris said...

I don't see two pictures...or even one picture. What am I missing?

Lindsay likes "Oscar" for a cat name.