Jun 1, 2006

MeetIn'

A few months ago, I came across this website called MeetIn - the 'largest' friends social group in the world. They didn't have a chapter in Winston-Salem (*gasp*), but they did in Sacramento. So I joined.

And tonight... I actually went to an event!! Are you not SO proud of me? I am! I found myself at Sammy's Astro Club tonight, at "Dive Bar Night." I had so much fun! There were several new people, and lots of regulars. I think tonight was a blow-out attendance night - there were probably 30+ people there. I had no idea what or who to expect, but it turned out that most people were like me - young professionals. Some single, some engaged, and one guy who just broke up with his girlfriend of seven years, but still lives with her... he was depressing.

Who knows if I'll ever be able to go to anything else - Dive Bar Night is only every other week and I don't really know what my schedule will be like. But I'm just glad I went out this one time. Sacramento is like the big city to me now, so I need to take advantage.

And now, as promised: pictures! I can't promise good quality - I had to shrink the file sizes down to get it to actually load...


Here is my bed! I love it. The mattress set is from Costco, the frame from Ikea and the bedding from Overstock.com. Isn't it beautiful? I don't really have any other bedroom furniture yet. Someday I will. Maybe Saturday! (aka Yard Sale Day)


And my couch. I love it, too. Like the curtains? I hung those last night. In the background you can see the dining room and kind of the back of my new monitor... Once that is more organized, I'll put up pictures of that area, too.

No comments: