Jun 15, 2006

4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 =

Me!

Yes, I just turned 28. Which is funny, because I think I totally skipped 27. For the last 6 months or so, I've been thinking that I was 28. I guess that means this will be a big year! Or that this is the age that I'll think I am for the next few years - like 22. I thought I was 22 for about four years.

Thank goodness I didn't stay 13 for a lot of years (viewer discretion advised):


I went to San Francisco for the big occasion. I took the train there - Amtrak! I like the train. It adds a whole sense of romance to everything. Especially when you carry a carpet bag and wear your hair in pin curls with a cute hat and pencil skirt. I didn't, but it would have added to the whole experience. That and steam. There should have been some steam.

San Francisco itself was cool - quite literally. It was nice to get away from the heat of the "Valley." I apparently live in a valley now. A hot valley.

I love that I'm so close to San Francisco. I forget how much I enjoy visiting big cities - especially when I can hang with friends that have a familiarity with the city.

My 'vacation' time is winding down. Thank goodness! I am terribly entertaining, but I think Natty Gann is getting sick of me talking to myself. Orientation starts on Monday, and then next Sunday (the 25th), I start off on the inpatient service. Exciting!

Did I say exciting? I totally meant terrifying.

No comments: