Jun 3, 2006

Setbacks

This morning, when I got up, I was very excited to post a blog this evening to introduce everyone to two newcomers into my home: a cat and a satellite dish.

Turns out, I get neither.

I spent last night cat-proofing the apartment. And this morning, I put out fresh litter and fresh water in two bowls for the new cat. I went to the animal shelter, got to meet the cat out of the cage, hold her for a while, then give her back. Now, don't worry - I still get the cat. Just not until Tuesday. They have to give her her vaccines, spay her and insert a handy-dandy microchip. So, I guess it isn't that bad that I didn't get her today. But sad. Though, I do still need to think up a good girl cat name...

The cat issue was not all that traumatizing. Though I do need to remember to change the water in the bowls next Tuesday.

What was traumatizing, however, was when the Dish guy came in already shaking his head. Turns out there is a tree and a wall (my wall) in the way of the two available satellites. The only way I can get Dish is if I a)convince my neighbors to get it, and run a wire off of theirs or b)convince the apartment people to cut down the tree. Neither is going to happen.

So, I had to resort to Comcast, even though I was trying to avoid them. I logged on and ordered the Standard Package plus digital video recording for twice the price that it would have been with Dish. TWICE. PLUS an installation feel. PLUS the fact that the cable jack is on the total opposite wall of where I situated my TV, after two hours of furniture re-arranging yesterday.

And then it turns out that I can't get DVR unless I get some fancy digital cable package that costs $60/month. Plus the $10/month for DVR. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE???? What? They think I'm made of money??? Yes, I will finally be making money. But... I can't afford that. Me and my cat have to eat.

So.

Rabbit ears.

And, I guess I need to go buy a VCR again.

I feel silly making such a huge stink about TV. But... it's all that I have right now.

Until I get the cat, at least.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Penelope

Prima

Peapod

Pansey

Petunia

Sunshine (Sunny)