Jun 7, 2006

Expando Ray!

The Costco here sells sushi. It's not very good.

Guess what?! I have a satellite dish now! After my TV panic the other day, I realized that Dish Network was not the only satellite TV provider. Unlike Comcast. Grr. Comcast. So, I called DirecTV. And today, the DirecTV guy came, and basically said the same thing that the Dish Network guy did. BUT DirecTV guy was much more willing to stand and listen to me debate with myself the pluses and minuses of mounting the dish. Ultimately, I decided to test it out. The mounting was really easy, actually - just a few screws into a wood post - no real structural damage. I've made bigger holes in my apartment to stabilize a bookshelf.

And now I have TV!!

I signed up for the Total Choice Family Package. Partially because it was the cheapest option, but also because, well... it has the channel I watch the most lately: Disney. I don't get VH1 or MTV, (which I know horrifies Melissa), but I don't care all that much. I may upgrade in the fall so that I can get Bravo - I wouldn't want to miss Project Runway!

I do get tons of religious channels.

AND the NASA channel. I watched it for a few minutes. They had a cartoon on teaching about similar triangles. There was an Expando Ray to make a triangle bigger! Expando Ray!!! Do you think NASA really has an Expando Ray?? I want one.

Natty Gann is settling in well. I have determined that she can't jump (like a white man, I guess...) She gets into my lap by digging her claws into my thigh and climbing. Kinda hurts.


I've given this chair to Natty Gann. She can climb up on it pretty easily, and it isn't my couch. I covered the couch with tin foil so she won't climb on it... Problem is... I can't either. I think she's already got an aversion to the couch by now, though, so I'll remove the foil.

Did you know that 62% of pet owners say they would ignore Disaster Relief orders to evacuate if they were not allowed to bring their pets with them? Here is my PSA of the day: if you're one of those people (I would be...), make sure you have a plan, including a list of hotels outside the evacuation area that will accept pets. Thank you for your time. And attention.

Continuing with a random smattering of topics: I met my chief residents today! I had to go in to the Peds office to do a pre-child-advocacy-rotation interview. The cheifs were there finalizing our rotation schedules. I'm starting on the Wards. Which is totally what I wanted - jumping right on in. It is terrifying, but better for me than putting off the hard stuff. After my first hard month, I have Child Advocacy, then vacation, then I do NICU.

It was fun to start meeting people. They all knew who I was when I walked in. Strange that they know so much about me, and I know nothing about them. The out-going chief was there as well. She told me that she was sending a bunch of her clinic patients to me... Scary! She did it because she remembered my name. The good thing about having a unique, but easy to remember name, I guess.

Natty Gann seemed to do fine during my absence this morning, which is good, because I think I'm going to San Francisco this weekend. And she's not coming...

I'm sure she'll be fine on her chair.

1 comment:

David and Ari said...

hehe, i wasn't sure I could see you as a cat person, or even crazy cat lady, but I can see the Natty Gann connection already. . .and I like that she can't jump. . .oh, and I'm going to do peds (i think, almost sure . . .) you guys are bad influences.