Aug 17, 2005

Day By Day

I was thinking about what I'd write in my blog all day today, and now that I'm sitting here, I just don't care! Not about you. I love all of you, my semi-anonymous blog-reading crowd.

No, I just am not terribly enthused about the ICU. It doesn't lend itself to epic odes. Neither does it lead to ranting tirades. So instead of either, let me just tell you what I did today. If you really care. Actually, your time would be much better spent handing out stuffed animals to orphans wandering the streets. Or eating zucchini or cultivating a resistance to Iocane powder.

Brenna's Wednesday
5:15-ish - Get up.
6:00-6:45 - Rounds with the CT surgery team (during which I function as a third year since those punks are on vacation)
6:45-7:45 - Anesthesia Grand Rounds (Perioperative Management of Cardiac blah-de-blah)
8:00-9:00 - CT Surgery Conference (Boring boring boring)*
9:00-11:00 - Rounds with the ICU team and Pharmacist
11:00-12:00 - Anesthesia lecture (Asthma)
12:00-1:00 - Lunch
1:00-4:00 - Excrutiating Boredom
4:00-4:40 - Rounds with CT Surgery fellow and ICU team


Ugh. We don't always have quite so many lectures, but we do Round like it is going out of style. Oh, and did I mention that we have four patients. Four. We spent TWO hours rounding on FOUR patients. I totally forgot that adult rounds get like this. But I am learning, so that is good. So they say...

*Somewhat related mini-rant: The CTS conference was about some sort of new-fangled radiology techniques. Fancy X-rays. Such a sweat stain. There was one guy - a salesman I'm sure - had this terribly annoying booming voice. And he kept saying "facile." Repeatedly. But he used it in this bizarre manner that I don't think was correct. Actually, I'm fairly certain it wasn't correct. Example: "I will sit down with you and make you facile with the buttonology." Buttonology. Facile. I was so annoyed my brain exploded.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

HAHAHAHA! I totally understand how 1:00-4:00 can be "Excrutiating Boredom". As hard as it is to believe, some days, Excrutiating Boredom would be much more apropriate on my time budget than "Fixed Asset Additions Testwork". Can you believe it? Auditing can be boring sometimes!

The one and only Tree said...

Yumm..Zucchini...good idea brenna