Aug 31, 2005

Ripple Effect

Even though I'm physically closer to Katrina's destruction than many I know, I did not expect the ramifications to affect me more than paying a bit more for my gas.

Then I logged on to ERAS (which, by the way, I can submit tomorrow. TOMORROW.):

MYERAS ALERT:
Due to the damage from hurricane Katrina ERAS emphasizes the importance of contacting programs prior to applying to confirm they are accepting applications.


I don't think that will really apply to 'my' programs, but it is still shocking!

PLUS, there is the rumor going around that airlines are going to cancel flights that aren't booked due to fears of jet fuel shortages. And I'm flying to NY this weekend! Never fear, if the flight is cancelled, Susan and I will be hot-footing it there in SUV style, despite the $4.00/gallon gas.

And, despite what it sounds like with what I have written, my thoughts and prayers are with the people of the Gulf Coast. I only wish I was an actual MD so I could go help. No one wants a medical student in a tragedy. We'd just gum things up.

No comments: