Aug 12, 2005

100% of Me Wants to Go Home

According to the NBME site, my boards scores were mailed on Wednesday, which means that I expected to receive them today. No such luck! Susan got hers (whines Brenna), but my mailbox contained merely a survey from the NBME asking questions about the testing experience.

Sigh.

I get my scores sent to me at school, which means that I won't get them before Monday now. Today is my last day of Peds Neuro and Monday I start in the Cardiothoracic Surgery ICU on Monday. Interestingly, I got my Step 1 scores while I was in the CCU (coronary care unit) which is somewhat similar to the CTS ICU. I like the synchronicity of that.

I also like the word 'synchronicity.' Come on - say it with me: synch-ron-i-city. Now, was that not the most satisfying thing that has come out of your mouth today? The most satisfying thing that has gone in to my mouth today was a bowl of peanut butter cup ice cream. Mmm. That was good.

There is still a slight chance that when I leave clinic this afternoon my scores will have arrived. In fact, 57.8% of me is hoping that they still will. But the remaining 42.8% just wants to enjoy the weekend without the burden of knowing.

99% of me wants more ice cream...

No comments: