Jun 12, 2005

Sweat Stain Sunday

I'm on call again... In just over a year, it will really be no big deal when I'm on call. I'll be more likely to be saying 'not on call today.' Which, when I think about it, isn't ANY more exciting to the general populace than me informing them (you) that I am on call. Why did you just read that sentence? Have you no sense? Really, people.

There are all these weirdly sick kids in today. Like the kid whose bicarb is 5 and is just in their room chillin' like a villain. If your bicarb was 5, you'd probably be in the ICU. Odd, huh? One kid herniated their brain last night, so that one is in the ICU. Another kid is this close to possibly going into acute renal failure on top of the dilantin hypersensitivity that is already wreaking havoc on their liver.

Still, with all of this, I find myself yawning and going "Hmm. What a sweat stain of a day." Then I laugh, because I still think that I'm just the funniest thing since sliced bread. But then I remember that sliced bread really isn't all that funny, and in fact, can be quite tragic if the person doing the slicing is a klutz and cuts off a finger or something. Then I start crying because it is sad when people lose fingers. Unless they do it to themselves to get out of going to war by shooting off their trigger finger, which is a stupid thing to do to a perfectly good finger. Those shot-off-finger people must have a hard time doing things like dialing the phone or using a pincer grasp, which would probably get pretty sweat stainy after a while. Ha! Sweat stain... I am funny.

Good grief. I'm tired. Please disregard this entire post.

No comments: