Sep 11, 2005

Oh, Yeah: Monday


Haha! You all thought that I was just going to totally skip telling you all about Monday, didn't you? Yeah, I kind of did, too. Last week went and got all... busy on me. But I feel like I left the story hanging (much like last year's Nano novel), so I shall finish it! Briefly.

Monday was check-out day, so we had to leave our magical room in the sky. Sigh... I was so tired by that time, that I am afraid I didn't do terribly good justice to the whole Manhattan experience. Though, I did come up with a name for our trip (I told you it would happen!): the Discover Manhattan trip. Oh, yeah.

Okay, I'm being brief. Brief, brief, brief. We left our bags with the concierge (I just had to point out that we used a concierge... just because) and headed towards Fifth Avenue. Did some shopping. Ate breakfast at Cafe Metro with all the guys that sell fake handbags on the street. I'm not sure why they were all there... but they were. And surprisingly, they CAN say things other than "Gucci, Gucci, Gucci. Five bucks! Ladies! Purses!" At least, I presume they can, as I didn't see any of them eating a handbag...

Um. We ended up wandering around Central Park for a long time. I knew Central Park was big, but MAN. It is HUGE. And there were people EVERYwhere. Susan and I rode on the Carousel. Becase we do things like that. And it was only a buck twenty-five!

Central Park, Central Park, Central Park. Then, we decided that what we wanted more than anything else in the world was... rice pudding!!! So we (finally, after some... drama) got on a subway and were back in Little Italy. We had a FANTASTIC dinner at a restaurant called... I don't know. But it was some of the best Italian food I've ever had. Then... rice pudding. So good.

Finally, we did have to go to the airport. Not having enough energy to try to tackle the subway all the way to JFK, we took a cab.

And that was that! Discover Manhattan trip was done. I am proud of the amount of stuff we crammed into those three days! Especially that we spent so much time out of Times Square! Go us!

No comments: