Nov 14, 2005

Scam!

In this era of internet and e-mail scams, I'm ever vigilant for things that look too good to be true, or things that just don't look right. I think I'm relatively good at staying away from people or products that are going to waste my time or money.

Online, anyway.



I just got this postcard thingy in the mail. It looks official - like a card that you send with registered mail. And it was forwarded to me here at my parents house from my apartment. I was half-way convinced that I should call the number - I won an auction on eBay a while ago, and thought it might have something to do with that.

Being the savvy person that I am, though, I went online (I heart the internet) and found this info. It was exactly the same thing I received!

Anyway. I feel pretty stupid for almost getting schnookered. Beware, everyone! They still use snail mail for scams!!! And even *gasp* the telephone!!!

Shocking, I know.

No comments: