Nov 25, 2005

Black Friday

What better way to follow up a day of total gustatory over-indulgence than with a day of total consumerism?

My lovely sisters joined me at the mall this morning at 5:00. That's am. Morning. Ante merdiem. All three of us made it there, too. Aren't we cool?

Well. Maybe not so much. Part of me feels a little guilty for buying into the whole frenzy of "Black Friday." But that part of me is also a little lazy, so I left it behind in bed this morning.

Seriously, though - is there anything quite like the feeling of getting a really good deal? I saved over $100 with my first purchase today! Of course, as my dad pointed out, he saved even more money since he didn't buy anything. (I'd like to direct you all to a few posts ago when I mentioned all the rocks we have here... And the shop... Yeah. 'Nuf said.)

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the Crack 'O Dawn shopping experience. In the end, though - more specifically around 9 am when we were leaving the mall parking lot - early is the way to go on Black Friday.

Except... not at Wal-Mart. People apparently go loopy at Wal-Mart. Well. More loopy. There was no 'rush' at JC Penney.

Now I have to go look at my purchases. And sleep. If that pesky guilty-feeling part of me lets me - it's better rested.

No comments: