Jul 20, 2005

Two Fifty Four

Once, in my on-call internet wanderings, I came across a blog where the guy titled each post with a number. One, two, three and so on. Like they were chapters or something. It worked, because the guy was only on post twelve or so. I wonder if he is still blogging. Will he continue it on to... say, two thousand thirty three? It wasn't the most interesting blog, so I didn't ever go back to it. I guess I'll never know!

After a month away from the hospital, I was pretty worried about getting back into the swing of things, as I think I mentioned previously. I always harbor this fear that I'll come back, start seeing patients again and have this horrible realization that I absolutely despise what I'm doing. Thankfully, I'm finding the opposite is true, and am happy to report that I actually missed seeing patients during my month's absence. Hindsight, right?

The one sore spot (literally) in being back is being back on my feet for so many hours in the day. My feet are trying to rebel - they got very used to being spoiled by sandals and fresh air and sitting. Now they're back in socks and shoes that start out as comfortable-ish and end up feeling like they're made of concrete. Ah, well. I shall overcome and my feet will be beat back into submission. I feel I must send out an ethereal apology to my grandpa, the former podiatrist, for such blatant foot-abuse.

Do you know how close September first is? It really isn't that far away. That is the date that we can start to turn in our residency applications. Which means that I need to get it done ASAP. Susan and I did start our personal statements last night, which is generally the hardest part. I just need to keep up my momentum. I cannot believe it is already time to write another personal statement! Ugh. I feel like I just did this, but I guess it was four years ago. Pbbblt. I'll save you all the agony of reading what I did write last night. I may post it when I have a draft that doesn't make my want to vomit.

You know what bugs me? When almost every sentence in a paragraph starts with the word "I." I guess I need to read a little more Anthem.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dude...Whoa.

pass it on.

or better yet! Put it on one of your applications....it could be the title.