Jul 26, 2005

If I'd Only Known Three Years Ago...

As I continue to plug away at my ERAS residency application, I am doing more research on pediatric residency programs across the US. Probably something I should have done earlier, but I really do procrastinate well. Actually, the fact that I've done everything on my ERAS app but the personal statement (and letters of recommendation) is really quite an accomplishment for me.

Anyway. I have fallen in love with Rainbow Babies. It may just be the name. What a fantastic name for a children's hospital! So much better than naming it after a rich person who donated a bunch of money who has a really hard to pronounce name. You know, that's just cruel to those poor, sick children. Rainbow babies makes me think of... butterflies and books and things that make me happy.

Plus, it is one of the top ranked programs in the US. Here, too. I would love to learn pediatrics at Rainbow Babies - the program itself looks fantastic with an okay call schedule and 4 weeks of vacation. I think it would be perfect!

Which all means: I should have studied harder.

Sigh. No reason I can't apply to one "wildest fantasies" school, though, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Susan for those words of wisdom....Cleveland? Yuck!
Signed,
Brenna's mother who wants her back in the Northwest!