Jul 18, 2005

Back to the Grind Stone

It was so nice to have a full month away from the hospital. I almost broke out into hives last night thinking about coming back. I guess I'm still too new at all of this to be able to comfortably slip in and out of "semi-doctor" mode.

Today is Day One of Pediatric Neurology. I thought I'd give it a chance, what with my love of both pediatrics and neurology. The only problem - if I do like it - is that you can't do a peds residency followed by a neuro fellowship (like you can for peds cardiology, hem/onc, allergy/immunology, neonatology...) It is an entirely separate residency program. So! I guess I hope I don't like it too much, or that I absolutely love it.

My first impression: it is FREAKING HOT. I guess I hadn't noticed that summer was in full swing, as I've spent most of the last month shuttling back and forth between air-conditioned places in my air-conditioned truck. The five minute walk to school this morning (at 8am!) left me drenched in sweat. Ick.

As far as the actual peds neuro goes... I'll let you know once I actually see a patient. I met the resident, and she told me that last Thursday was a busy day: they saw three patients. So, yeah. I don't think I'll be stressing too majorly this month.

Gives me more time to get started on residency applications (!)

No comments: