Apr 8, 2004

You can never go home again...

...that's what they say, right? Well, ha! I proved them wrong! I'm home! Granted, this hasn't really been my home home since I left for college in 1996. And every time I have come back since then, things just a bit less like my old childhood home. So, now that this is potentially the last time I'll be in this house, I'm okay with it. It's been a gradual change. My youngest sister will have to do the fast ripping-off-of-the-band-aid shift in homes, but I got the...dissolvable stitches? Does that analogy work? Hmm...

Yay! I'm in Portland. I love Portland. My friend Susan came along for the West Coast Tour, and I can't wait to show Portland off. It is even sunny today!!!

Yesterday was a tiring day - up at 4:30 am, an hour and a half drive to the airport, layover in Minneapolis (I had not been in Minnesota since college graduation in 2000, so that was a bit poignant...for an airport...) and finally to Portland. I got here at 1 pm Portland time, 4pm my body time. But, for once, my luggage made it safely. Of course, I took it all carry-on, so there wasn't much chance of them losing it, but I feel the need to celebrate that anyway. I tend to have luggage problems.

Okay... things to do and fun to have!

No comments: