Apr 22, 2004

Vegas, anyone?

I've never been a big gambler - never felt like the odds would favor me. Today, however, I have managed to beat ALL the odds imaginable. It's like a "when-it-rains-it-pours" kinda day. (I should write a song called that...) Today our class was split into 16 groups to start training for ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support... or Awfully Complicated Life Saving...?) . I don't know how the groups were assigned - it seemed random, yet I was in the same group as the me-haters.

Then, this evening we finally found out who exactly we'll be working with for the next eight weeks. I am to be paired up with two people, out of a possible 15. I did not want to be with 3 of these 15, leaving 12 possible people that I could have been paired with. So. I'm not great at figuring out odds, but I do know that the chances were pretty good that I not be paired with them. But. Today is all about beating the odds, so... Two weeks with one person who is not speaking to me, and four weeks with another (the other two weeks I'm on my own). And...none of them got to be with each other! I feel bad for them as well... Chalk it up to a good chance to learn how to play nice with others, though. I think things will be more manageable one-on-one than they are three-on-one...

Speaking of which, we are all going to speak to one of the deans tomorrow. Why a dean, I'm not sure... I kind of get it, but at the same time, all the issues have been personal, and this seems so...official.

Ack. Being serious is no fun. Susan says I should go into peds because no one else will appreciate my humor. :) Heck, yeah!

Oh, yeah... my computer totally bit it today, too (I'm at Susan's house currently)... I don't know how salvagable it is at this point. If it was working, I'd be on it buying my ticket to Vegas. Yeah, baby!

Deep breath.

No comments: