Apr 19, 2010

STD: A Preview

Definition
STD (abbreviation): Save the Date (not the other STD!)

Pronunciation: \ˈsāv\ thə \ˈdāt\
Usage: noun
1: an item stating the date of a wedding or other formal event. It typically states the date when a couple plans to marry, so that recipients will know to keep that date free. Save the dates usually take the form of a card, but can also be a refrigerator magnet or similar item. They are generally sent out at least six to twelve months before the wedding date, and are usually followed by a formal wedding invitation.
2: the first project sent out to future guests that can set the theme for the whole wedding
3: a project I had a lot of fun making!

I (finally) sent (most of) them out last week! Yippee! And I know that a few people have gotten them, so now I can post about it here. I'll go into details about how/what, but here are a few teaser shots.

The Envelopes:


The Magnets:


The Cards:


The Mess:


With postage and all, I estimate that I paid less than $1 per STD. I haven't done to exact cost break down, but I will when I show you more details about how I made everything!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I like how Spongebob Squarepants is so offended at your messy hands.

That Spongebob! :)