Apr 9, 2010

The Real Reason to Stalk Bridal Blogs

I initially got into reading wedding blogs to look at wedding dresses. I now look at them for all aspects of the wedding, but there is still that little part of me that cares mostly about the dress the bride is wearing.

I will start writing about my dress searching process soon. It wasn't a short process. Or direct. Or really even done, to be honest. So far it involves Goodwill, Etsy, Joann's, China, FedEx, eBay and hours and hours of time.

To sate that part of you that really only wants to see pictures, here's me in all my glory from the one day that I spent out actually trying on dresses.

At lovely AniA Collection in Portland. They had a Watters and Watters trunk show there that day. Loved most of the ones I tried on. My consultant was saying that I'd have to find at least one that I didn't like or I would never be able to select one. I believe that is a statement that sums up my personality in a lot of ways! They didn't allow pictures of the dresses there, sadly. This was my entourage - 4 bridesmaids and mother of the bride. I think I was breaking the "don't bring a ton of people dress shopping" rule, but my entourage was great. They loved everything just as much as I did.

Next, some outtakes from David's Bridal. Lovely dresses, but none of these were the one for me:
I have no idea what I was saying here, but I'm sure I was hilarious. This was the CT2406 - my second favorite that I tried on at David's.

This was my I'm mellllting pose as the poofy dress ate my bottom half.

Note to self: Never make this face again.

And finally, the "How am I possibly supposed to make a decision with all this white-poofy goodness around me/why do they all have to be so darn expensive?" face.

So, what does my actual dress look like? You'll have to wait just like me! More details to come...

No comments: