May 31, 2005

An Open Letter to Jo-Jo at Capital One

JO-JO, hon, I'm sorry to break this to you, but people at your work (that being Capital One) don't like you. You know?

You may wonder, dear double-Jo, how I, a stranger from North Carolina, (when you clearly reside in the Midwestern part of the country) should come by this information. The answer is simple: Capital One has apparently, in some new-fangled, reality-TV inspired move gotten rid of 'on hold phone Muzak' in favor of just putting the customers on speakerphone so they can hear the private conversations of employees.

Either that or someone pushed the wrong button.

As another note to you, Jo squared, Capital One used to be friendly and helpful, and they would call me when they saw I'd been charged twice for the same thing. Now, it is apparently MY responsibility, AND I get chastised for not calling the merchant myself (good luck getting anyone at Paramount's Carowinds to care), and THEN they put you on speakerphone for five minutes and let you listen to some angsty teenaged Midwestern chick complain about Jo-Jo and apologize to another angsty teenaged Midwestern guy for ignoring him all day. ("It wasn't my fault, you know? I was in my meeting, then at break and I wasn't up here, you know? So, I wasn't, really, like ignoring you, okay? I just didn't see you, you know?")

I'm sorry to crush your world, Jo-Jo. But you've been warned...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Haha, oh, thats great, you know. Good stuff like that never happens to me. I just get put on regular hold. You know.