May 20, 2005

Man, is That One Ugly Head

Somehow, I thought that with age, with education and with patience, I would come to a point in my life where I would procrastinate less. Uh-uh. Ain't happenin'.

I am all done with my Emergency Medicine rotation (and all the people go: yay!) except for the test, which I can take any time between a few days ago and a week from now. In an ideal world, I'd take it today, and be done with it, right?

Unfortunately, I woke up this morning, and there was Mr. Procrastination, rearing his u-g-l-y head again (he ain't got no alibi!). See, I haven't really studied as much as I'd like. And I kind of have a headache. And I'm dizzy. And I have to meet with my fellow yearbook managers today (oh - by the way, I'm co-managing the yearbook for next year). And... I just got Empire of the Sun from Netflix, and Christian Bale is so cute, even as a little boychild, AND I had to watch The OC, which I recorded last night, and I've decided that it is time to read the Harry Potter series again in preparation for July 16th, and I'm almost done with a blanket I've been crocheting, I just need to figure out the border and... I just don't wanna take it.

So... hopefully I'll get my butt in gear by Sunday. I don't want to start my next rotation with this looming over me. Honestly, I don't know why I would even bother studying much more. I'm not an honors student (as I've proven time and time again), and the margin for 'pass' is pretty big. I don't think a few more hours is going to do me much good. Hmm. Maybe I will take it today...

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I was going to put off giving you this procrastination link until next week but what the hell. Have you seen this? Lien : http://www.ingredientx.com/watch/tales/procrast.htm