Sep 2, 2004

Noteworthy:

1. Hurricane Frances is going to kick the heck out of southern Florida. So much so, that cruise ships are staying away. Okay. I was ON one of those cruise ships a mere week ago. I am SO incredibly thankful that our timing was so good. I don't know what would have happened if we hadn't made it back for our rotations. Besides - what do they do with the ships? Just chill out on the ocean? Dock in... Cuba?

2. The Kobe Bryant case was dropped? Good grief. Make up your mind, or at least keep it out of my freaking newspaper if you're going to be all vacillating about it. Oscillating. Wassailing?

3. I am incredibly tired, and just learned that trauma surgery (what I do next) call is not just overnight. It is FOREVER. 36 hours at a time, baby. Every four days. That is just insane. I'm useless most of the time anyway. 36 hours with no sleep is not really gonna help.

4. I put in a Foley catheter today!

5. I have a really (really, really) hard time recognizing people once they put on surgical caps and masks. (or take them off, if I've only seen them in the OR) Really, all it takes is a cap, and I'm like..."where'd so-and-so go??" Yesterday, there was a conference, and I didn't know who this one youngish doctor was there. It took me 30 minutes to figure out that it was my attending with whom I'd spent a good 8 or so hours with in the OR in the past couple of days. Yeah.

6. Today, I was sitting in the lounge area reading up on the operation I was about to see. In comes one of the MMPWHM. Actually, all the mysteriously missing have returned. So now it's really just PWHM. Piwhim. Numbers 1, 2 and 3. Anyway. Piwhim #2 walked in, sat down by me and started chatting, all chummily. As if nothing had happened. As if the whole 'incident' was just some minor blip on the screen, and everything was all hunky dory again. This is the same person who practically hissed at me (calling me a manipulative liar) after we met with the school dean. Good grief. CONSISTENCY, PEOPLE! PLEASE! Show some consistency, that is all I ask. Feel free to go right on hating me, cause I ain't changing. I am not going back to the way things were. I do not want to sit and chat with you. No small talk. No how do you do today. Nope. Pure and utter hatred was what you showed me you were capable of, and I expect nothing less.

7. It's only 6:20, and I get to go home!!!

No comments: