May 24, 2004

A Timex it Ain't

This morning, I received a page (about my fourth ever 'real' one) from the Academic Computing office. My computer is back! It completely died several weeks ago, and is now to be returned to me with a brand-new hard drive, and a new monitor, but sans any files that I had saved on it. To me, this combination equals 'new computer.' Kind of exciting! Also kind of sad, as I mourn the passing of my faithful companion of my first two years of medical school.

So. Not terribly long after my Fourth Real Page, I had to use the facilities. In the process, I managed to drop my pager...in the toilet. (Thankfully after I'd flushed) As I stood there pondering the age old pager-in-the-toilet dilemma, I realized that this was an automatic motion-sensing toilet. Now, these things never work for me at the apropos time. However, when I have a pager sitting in the bottom of the toilet, it decides to conveniently start working, forcing me to plunge my hand into the bowl to rescue said pager. Good grief. I don't even like the thing, but I just couldn't let it come to such an end. Not yet, anyway. Maybe at the end of fourth year...

Just in case you were curious: pagers don't swim.

So, now I'm pager-less until Wednesday, when the 'pager person' is in from 11-2. In case you were curious, I know say "Wednesday" like I'm from the south, which means it has about 27 syllables. It's kind of fun - you should definitely try it. Repeat after me: Weh-uns-d-ah-ay.


In other news:
1. A new dinosaur species was discovered in Montana. The interesting thing about Suuwassea emilieae is that it has a 'mysterious'extra hole in its skull. I'm thinking that may be why the poor thing went extinct. Hole in head does not lend itself to survival, in my humble opinion.

2. I don't know how I missed this: Andy Kaufman is alive and well, and is blogging right here on blogspot. Hmmm. Or is he? The debate continues. Personally, I would have to ask: why on earth would Andy Kaufman start a blog? I prefer to think he'd be off with Elvis having a grand old party.

3. A certain female in our class (whose name has a paucity of syllables and vowels) is sporting a rather large diamond on a rather prominent finger. And talks with her hands a lot. This may be a 'daddy-loves-me-oh-so-much' ring, but I don't know...

4. I get my root canal tomorrow! Saints be praised! I never thought I'd be looking forward to it, but I'm ready to get this stinking sedative filling out.

2 comments:

elaina said...

Ok... That's sorta freaky. It says "This blog does not allow anonymous comments." However, I never entered my name, but there it appears, "Posting As: elaina."
Brenna, you have strange, strange powers that I will never, ever grasp.
Anyway, I'm off task, back to the agenda.
I have lots to tell you, but I'm never blessed with your MSN "online" appearance, so I must turn to your blog to get your attention! I have a little something to send you... What's your address again? Now that I think of it, why didn't I just write this in an email? Nobody knows... Not even me...

Rajan Vishwakarma said...

A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is the highest standard of competence in the field of Accountancy across the globe. The exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), which is the world’s largest accounting body. If you ever consider a career in accounting and want an illustrious career, CPA Course is the best option for you. CPAs are globally recognized as premier accountants and are hired across industries throughout the world.