Jun 1, 2004

Good-bye-oh O-hi-oh

Ahh...the end of a three day weekend. How sad. I went to Ohio! I'd never really been before (besides the Cincinnati airport). I was in Dayton visiting a friend who goes to school there. Here is a short list of the things I did:

1. Saw three goats get their heads stuck in a fence (don't worry - we saved them!) and had some great ice cream.

2. Saw Supersize Me, a very entertaining documentary about a guy who goes on a McDiet (all McDonald's, all the time). I definitely recommend it. The movie, not the diet.

3. Went on a bathroom shopping spree. Think pink.

4. Threw my back out by sneezing.

5. Ate at Skyline Chili, an Ohio original.

6. Learned that the Wright brothers did all their work in Dayton, Ohio and merely used Kitty Hawk, NC as a good spot for wind. Also saw bunches of neat old planes at the United States Air Force Museum.

7. Saw The Day After Tomorrow. I love movies like this, even if they are formulaic (i.e. divorced couple realizes that they still really love each other when faced with a huge meteor/earthquake/ice age; rogue scientist gets to show that they were, indeed, correct in predicting the demolition of mankind; etc.)

8. Discovered that West Virginia is quite a beautiful state.

9. Ate a funnel cake. I love funnel cakes...

10. Drove for a totoal of about 15 hours in three days. Cool. I love my truck. It still doesn't have a good name, though. I kind of call it "Silver," like the Lone Ranger's horse. It is kind of boring, but does work...

My back hurts, and I'm tired and hungry, and this list was only going to be three things long, but then I get started, and can't stop!!!

I do have a pager again, in case there is anyone out there just dying to page me.

I'm leaving now.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

HOLA BREN BREN!!!!!!!!! I hope Ohio was everything I've heard about.... and more....

I stayed in Portland this weekend. A ballarina hit on me.

Brenna said...

Mel is not Melissa, it is Mel (who I need to e-mail!) I, too, am curious about the ballerina... I'm not on call tonight - I'm on call on Friday, which means that I'll be on call next Saturday, too, I think, which stinks because that is the weekend of my birthday. Not that I'm doing anything for my b-day this year. I'm too mature now. I wonder how many people actually read these comments?

Brenna said...

I, too, am curious about the ballerina... I'm not on call tonight - I'm on call on Friday, which means that I'll be on call next Saturday, too, I think, which stinks because that is the weekend of my birthday. Not that I'm doing anything for my b-day this year. I'm too mature now. I wonder how many people actually read these comments?

elaina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenna said...

Grr. I may be posting this one twice, too... I knew that I'd posted the last one twice, but it was unavoidable. Mel is Melissa. Not Mel. Too many Mels!!!! AHHHH!!!!!