Mar 22, 2005

Another Night, Another Dream

(Apparently today is "Use a song Lyric as a Title Day")

I'm on call. Again. Not for the last time. But this time, instead of being on call with my happy, fun, goofy friend that makes time pass quickly, I'm on call with... (dum de dum dum) a (MM)PWHM...

Which brings me to something that has been on my mind for, oh, three or so days. Because, as I am acutely aware, it has been officially over a year since I was dumped by my friends. I cannot believe that I survived. Scratch that. I can believe I survived, I just can't believe that I did as well as I did.

:::Pause for a moment to send my sincerest thank yous to everyone who helped me remember that I am a nice person and that some people do manage to keep liking me. I don't say it enough, but I love you all. :::

I have not decided whether it was a good or a horrible thing to have been in the same rotation group as these people. In some ways it has been among the hardest challenges of my life - to have to see these people who quite literally crused me on a daily basis. In other ways, I think it was good for me to have them around. It let me keep everything in perspective. Had I been able to isolate myself from them, I think they would have built up into this gigantic force in my head. A force that I could see haunting me for a lot longer than a year. In real life, they are now nothing more than a couple of people I'd rather not be around. Hey! Look at that. I just decided (amazing what things come out of your brain at 1 am sitting in a tiny little closet waiting for babies to be born): it was a good thing. Hard, but good.

And really, that's where it ends. They deserve no more of my life now, than just some acquaintances. I will remember the fun times we had, because they were dang fun. But, that's it. I am officially retiring the (MM)PWHM.

No comments: