Jul 13, 2004

Close Call

The Mysteriously Missing People Who Hate Me (MMPWHM) are supposed to be back on Monday when we start our psych rotation. This terrifies me. For psyche, we can call ahead of time to request what team we want to be on. I thought about doing this, to try to ensure that I would not be on a team with MMPWHM. But, I also was thinking that I should at least pretend to be an adult, and just let what happens happen...

Today, I joined forces with two non-MMPWHM and we decided to call to request things after all. And guess what. We had already been assigned. And guess - just guess - who I was paired with?? Yup. The biggest MMPWHM there is. Awful. Thankfully, we were able to pull a switch, and I will now be with a non-MMPWHM. How horrendously awful a month with that person would have been is beyond me. I'd have had a nervous breakdown, I just know it. Because I still seem to be the only one of all of us involved that is affected by it. I guess it is easier to dump a friend than to be the dumpee.

I feel like I narrowly missed death.

Question: how stable do you think a relationship is between a CCU nurse and a new second year resident that has existed for... less than 7 months, when she was (within the last year) previously dating a fellow? Not that I'd try to break it up or anything... I'm not the devil - I don't care what anyone says otherwise!!

No comments: