Mar 13, 2005

I'm With the Bride

Last night I had the lovely experience of going to my first ever Bachelorette Party. We all wore matching pink T-shirts that said "I'm with the bride." And the bride wore a white shirt that said "The bride" and a veil (covered in condoms)

Oh, yeah, and the whole thing was in Charleston. I heart Charleston.

So, being a person who has gone out on occasion in the past, of course I'd seen bachelorette parties before. Usually in a "oh, look, there's a bunch of giggly girls with one wearing a veil/tiara/feather boa/some form of penis decoration - must be a bachelorette party." Then I proceed to go on my merry way. Turns out, that is not most men's reactions. They honestly seemed to be fascinated with the whole concept of a large group of girls (there were 13 of us) out specifically to celebrate a wedding. Of course it probably helped that we were toting along an inflatable penis. Other bachelorette parties were also very excited to see us.

On the whole, I have never felt so conspicuous going out to bars and/or dancing before. It was fun! Of course once is about enough for me. I'm perfectly happy to go back to my days of blissful anonymity.

I propose here, though, that every woman should have a 'bachelorette party' with her friends at least once a year. Even if there are no weddings forthcoming. It is just a fun way to feel special for the night!

Back to real life now, though, and to a place where I will feel decidedly un-special. I am about to embark upon my two weeks of high-risk obstetrics. These two weeks are purported to be two of the worst imaginable weeks of third year. Wish me luck...

Six weeks of third year left, total. Just under 14 months until I'm an MD. Ack!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wow, sounds like fun! Let me know if you ever want to have pretend bachelorette party in Dallas, I'm game. Good luck with your next rotation. It doesn't sound like much fun. :(

Melissa said...

"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Haha! I love Yoda! He's watching over me at work right now. I watched Star Wars this weekend, and I then I got your package just after finishing the movies! Twas perfect timing.

I listened to your CD last night, too. You had me busting out to Britney! Smoooooth move! Old school Britney, no less.

I liked the braclet too. It makes me want to drink a Pina Colata.