Nov 12, 2004

Poll of the Week

Okay, even after the less than resounding response to my "What Are You Going to be for Halloween" poll, I've decided to conduct another. I need advice, and am hoping that you, the internet world-at-large, can help me out here. Read on...

My lovely sister is coming to visit me next week! Hooray and zippidy-do-da! Fun is sure to be had, but how? That is my question. Here is our itinerary so far:

1. Melissa arrives Thursday night (can't remember what time...I'll have to look into that)
2. I pick her up, and bring her back to my place.
3. Melissa sleeps in sleeping bag or on love seat in my living room.
4. I get up and go to Infectious Disease (aka mostly AIDS) clinic on Friday morning, followed by stupid quiz.
5. Early dinner at cheap Mexican restaurant supplying margaritas.
6. Followed by dress-up gathering and cocktails at classmates' house. (We've apparently graduated from keggers! Who'da thunk it. Although, considering its popularity, I can almost guarantee that a game of Beer Pong will break out. I will not play, as I have doubts about the sanitary nature of the game and don't believe that beer kills all germs. Eew.)

7. Here is where I need your help, world! To be filled by one of the following options:

A. Wilmington, NC.
Pros: Haunted Pub Crawl, Comedy Pet Theatre on Sunday, Flaming Amy's Burritos, the Atlantic Ocean, which Melissa has not really seen much of. Oh, and it is also where they film One Tree Hill, providing the opportunity for semi-star stalking.
Cons: Four hour drive; I'm not really familiar with the area.

B. Charleston, SC.
Pros: It is Charleston. 'Nuf said. For those of you not familiar, however: Charleston is one of my favorite cities ever. It is further south than Wilmington, so may be warmer (not guaranteed, though), plus you can pretend you're in big hoop skirts in an antebellum era; Lowcountry Ghost Hunt; Rainbow Row; Atlantic Ocean; Old City Market, Fort Sumter
Cons: Five hour drive, I'm going to be there the following week for Thanksgiving

C. Winston-Salem, NC.
Pros: movie theater, mall, my apartment, I know the area well, I could continue to work on my novel, could save $$$$ on gas and hotel
Cons: It's freaking Winston-Salem, NC.

D. Asheville, NC.
Pros: My favorite NC town that I've been to, Biltmore Estate, pretty fall leaves in the Appalachian Mountains, Chimney Rock Park, Blue Ridge Parkway
Cons: Three hour drive, not the ocean (which Melissa specifically requested), Biltmore estate is more expensive than a day at Disney World, it's already past pretty fall leaf season, I'm actually only including this option so that I'd have four total options.

So, folks. Them be the options. What say you? A, B, C or D?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say C. Definitely C.

Anonymous said...

C----Rest, relax, have fun, not spend lots of money.