Nov 23, 2004

Mischa Barton: A Theory

I have come to the conclusion that Mischa Barton has escalated to her particular level of fame not for her extradordinary acting abilities, but rather, for the lack of them. The girl has been made famous for uttering such lines as "I mean, what did I ever do to you?", "Luke? Um... I don't know really.", and "I'm angry." in a stilted, over-acty manner on The OC (one of my fav shows, minus Marissa).

My theory: people assume that since she made it onto television, she must be talented in some way. Since she obviously can't act, she must, by extension, be pretty. Beautiful, even, since she is really quite a bad actress. Just watch her career skyrocket as her acting skills plummet...

(Though, maybe I'm being harsh, and the writers just choose to give Marissa really bad lines. But then why does Summer get to say things like: "The more time I spend with Zack, the less time I have to think about... gah, what's his face? Built like a beanpole, curly hair; runs away like a little bitch on his sailboat, leaving nothing but a note for his girlfriend who cried and cried over him till the 4th of July when she decided she doesn't cry over bitches on boats!" And who can even tell me what the actress' name is?)

No comments: