Feb 7, 2006

Whiners

Some may say that three plus months vacation sounds great. 'Some' may even have been me, say, oh, four months ago. But now 'some' would totally be retracting their statement, and wishing that they had something to do that was important or meaningful. (I am on anatomy, and I did do my dissection... it took an hour...)

I'm at school right now because I'm supposed to be going to a meeting at noon. I still have three minutes to get there, but... I think I'm gonna skip it. Somehow, I got involved with this group that gets together to discuss mental health issues in medical students. But the thing is? I don't really care any more! I'm a freaking fourth year! I don't want to sit and listen to the little first and second years whine about how stressed out they are, and why isn't there free counseling available to them 24/7, because 'someone' should make it available, and if it isn't, well then, people are just going to... you know... be depressed, and then they can't function because this is medical school and it is hard, and 'someone' should be making sure that everyone has enough support to... blah, blah, blah.

News flash: Medical School ain't no cake walk. You'll get frustrated and depressed and stressed out. But listen, small puppies, real life ain't no easier. (Ignore the double negative there, and just go with the spirit of what I'm saying)

So, I don't think I'll go listen to them whine today.

I'm also feeling a tad annoyed and whiny myself. I've talked to two people in the fifteen minutes I've been here - one who is in his last three days of short-coat-hood, and one who is in her last three days of being-at-this-hospital-hood. Sigh. I have two months left of each!

If only I had a vacation coming up.

Oh, wait.

No comments: