Feb 24, 2006

The Return...

of... Wikipedia Friday*!

It has been a while, but here we go!

*"Wikipedia Friday": where I go on to Wikipedia (the free encyclopedia!) click the "Random Article" link, and then comment on the resulting topic here on my blog.

Today's topic: "Tiger Swallowtail."

What I learned: I learned that the term 'tiver swallowtail' can refer to one of three different types of swallowtails, all of the family Papilo. Also, I learned that the swallowtail is a butterfly, not a bird.

Personal anecdote involving "Tiger Swallowtail": I've never seen a tiger swallow its tail. But how awesome would that be?? I've seen lots of different butterflies, but I can't tell you if any of them were tiger swallowtails or not. Let's just say one was. Ready? Hey, this one time? I saw a tiger swallowtail.

Thoughts on Wikipedia's "Tiger Swallowtail" article: Honestly, I don't have a high opionion of this article. Possibly due to the fact that this article is a "a disambiguation page" - a list of articles associated with the same title. What that means, is that all the article is, is a list of links to other articles. And one of those links doesn't even have an article. Shame, Wikipedia. Shame.

1 comment:

Kris said...

YAWN....maybe an article about Dancing with the Stars or AI?