Feb 5, 2005

Back Where I Belong

Well, maybe anyway.

For the first time in over three months, I'm back on an inpatient service. It is easy to forget how different things are. I am on peds inpatient now, which is cool since I've decided that this is what I'm going to do with my life.

Today, however, I'm on call. And it is Saturday. And it is beautiful outside. And it is overnight call, so I'm here until tomorrow. And I have to be back on Monday, which means I'll be working twelve days straight by the time I reach next Friday. AND I'm having an 'I Feel Stupid' Day.

It started because I had no idea what to do this morning. I eventually got to the right place (not late, either), but everyone was SO grumpy! Even a fellow student who I have never, EVER seen even remotely CLOSE to being grumpy before. My team (of which I was the only one present at that time) got chastised for not keeping the list up to date. Then the upper level who had been on call proceeded to bash all of her fellow residents, most of whom I think are wonderful people.

Anyway, that just starts the day off on a bad note.

And then, I didn't have a red sheet done, I didn't know (still don't) what Bicitra is/does, and I just feel all-around incompetent. And this is going to last until tomorrow morning! ACK!

Sigh. Back to doing something... smart-seeming.

Why anyone is letting me be a doctor, I'll never know... Beware!!

(Ha-ha, not really! I'm sure I'll be feeling relatively smart again at some point...)

No comments: