Jul 12, 2004

Straight out of WHMS?

I just found out that my ex-boyfriend is engaged! I'm surprised, but not. It has been almost two years after all. (I'm amazed that time passes so quickly!) I guess the most disturbing thing about all of this is that I've not really dated anybody since I broke up with him. And he's engaged. Granted, he needs to get married to maintain citizenship in this country... I'm not dissing on him at all. Part of the reason I ended it was because I knew he needed to get married, and I knew that it would not be to me. He moved to the US as a young child, and because of stupid immigrant laws, had to be wed by 2005 (or something), or he'd have been sent back to his country of birth - whose language he isn't even fluent in any more. I think that's just silly, but that is beside the point.

The point being that I have an ex that is getting married. In a couple of weeks! (He proposed officially this weekend, I guess...) Just odd.

I feel like re-enacting the When Harry Met Sally scene, where she calls Harry and freaks out that her ex is getting married to "Kimberly." (at least, I think it's Kimberly) Except, I don't have a Harry, and I'm more like the Joe character in WHMS (i.e. I was the dumper, not the dumpee; and I was the one not looking to get married)

On a different note: I have seen three residents just get chewed out today. Ahhh... the immunity of being a hapless, clueless third year med student!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

You still need the Harry, though, don't you? Hmm?