Oct 7, 2004

Annie on ER

Tonight on ER, Abbey is doing chest compressions on what is obviously a resusci-Annie doll. You can hear the clunking sound that the dummies make. Human chests don't go ka-thwump-ka-thwump when you do compressions.

It is kind of fun to know even more about what they're talking about, though! 2L of LR and 2 units of blood going in thru 3 large bore peripheral IVs! That kind of stuff.

We don't rush out to meet the ambulances coming, though. And we don't allow family/friends to come into the ED with the trauma patient.

AND. I don't know why the trauma bays are so dark on the show. Light is generally helpful when assessing a patient.

I need to learn Spanish.

Gack. I'm on call tomorrow night.

Seriously. Go see Garden State if you can. Or rent it when it comes out. You won't regret it. I might, though, if I'm not there to see it with you.

No comments: