Aug 14, 2004

New York City!

aka The Big Apple. But does anybody really call it that any more? Hmmm. Well, I will. I am in the BIG APPLE.

I saw the Statue of Liberty for the first time. It was from the plane, though, so it looked really small. Like it was made out of Legos.

Our primary reason for coming was actually to see the musical "Wicked." There is a lottery every day 2.5 hours before the show for 28 seats (in the first two rows) for $25 each. We've gone thru two lotteries, and so far, no luck. Bummer. There is one more tomorrow - wish us luck!

We did go see 42nd Street, though, which was SO much FUN. Fun in the Big Apple. So much tap dancing, and shiny costumes, and singing and FUN!

After that, we went to Sephora, where they have scented glitter that is also flavored. Susan has been licking her arms all afternoon... And we went to the biggest Toys R Us I've ever seen. There is a ferris wheel inside. And we sang happy birthday to some kids, and played with some toys. They have a Travel Lite Brite. I want a Travel Lite Brite. A lot. I think it would be fun to carry around in my white coat at school - especially on the pediatric rotation. Who needs a stethoscope when you have a mini Lite Brite?????

We're at an Internet Cafe. I only paid for 17 minutes of internet (it was $1). So that's all for now.

I'm off to have more fun in the Big Apple...

No comments: