Jan 5, 2010

Holy Cowpie, Batman!

It took 31 years, 6 months and 21 days (I'd count hours, but I don't remember what time I was born), and it finally happened: I am engaged! When you're waiting for the right person, you have to take your time. I'm still in some shock!

[note: I started this post over a week ago, but then I decided I wanted to go back and find all dating related posts I'd written, which took me down a long and twisty pathway to this curret post. Read on, dear friends, read on.]

The Road to Engagement was not a quick one for yours truly (as anyone who reads this - likely only people that I know - knows) Somewhere there was a sign post (a la Robert Frost) and I took my own path, that did not lead directly to Marriage and Children. Much to my poor mother's dismay. I've met many people and made many friends along my path, however, and had a heck of a lot of fun.

Anyway.

The right guy for me had to pass a few challenges along the way. He had to have good etiquette, and understand a few, basic rules.

He couldn't be into shiny shirts and (according to OK Cupid), he should be a 'manchild' (Seriously? What's a manchild??) Some semblance of grammar was a must. And maybe only a touch of oddity.

He had to be able to handle my obsession with some things and my inability to handle others. And his ability to stomach "The Brenna" (with an extra side of clumsy) was, of course, a must.

It was the rare guy who made it past the first few qualifications.

I thought about moving to certain areas to increase my chances. But it was coming to Sacramento that finally put me in the right place.

It turned out that he didn't have to have a fun name or to play the role of the beautiful jerk. Starting residency really helped me solidify the grown up that I'm going to be (some day), and helped me to change my focus.

It took some maturity on my part, some cyber help on both our parts, and voila! I finally found home. And that is dang exciting.

And scary. Exciting AND scary.

Now comes the exciting, fun, intimidating, party planning!

Join me, as my blog becomes a WEDDING BLOG!!! Mwa ha ha ha!!! Hours of things for me to obsess about. Oh, yes, this will be fun. :)

No comments: