Jan 10, 2011

Wedding Details


Today has been a nice, relaxing day, but not much that has been picture worthy (yet, anyway)

I do have great pictures from my wedding, though, so today's pictures are 3 months (and 1 day) old, but it are certainly awesome! These pictures are all from my favorite wedding photographer, David Shirk of Unplugged Photography in Birmingham, Alabama.

Presenting... Detail Shots!
The trim around the bottom of my dress.

The beads on the back of the dress. My awesome seamstress (Lynne Rose Giovannetti) suggested adding the buttons, and I think they looked great! She also recommended that I wear a hoop instead of a crinoline, which was perfect.

Bucket o' bridesmaid's flowers - everyone put together their own bouquets. The flowers came mostly from Costco.com.

My veil - previously my mother's veil in 1977. Possibly to be my sister's veil in 2011...?

My shoes!!! Sofft brand from zappos.com. Ari found them for me, after seeing what I was looking for in a shoe. I managed to wear them all day and night!

The headband/fascinator I changed into for the reception. Headband from Ross, ribbon, feathers and hot glue from Michaels, brooch from Goodwill. Some last minute repair work from the always fabulous and crafty Kristin.

My bouquet, which I LOVED. Loved it! I put it together myself, and was so happy with how it turned out. Hydrangeas, roses, lotus pods, poppy pod, football mum, calla lilies, hypericum berries, coxscomb, seeded eucalyptus and a big ol' cactus. Flowers from costco.com, fiftyflowers.com and the San Francisco flower market.

Our programs! I gocco'ed the covers, made with wood veneer (purchased from e-bay). My parents, sisters, bridesmaids, future brother in law and mother of the flower girl all helped pull these together at the last minute!

1 comment:

David Shirk said...

Happy 3 month anniversary!!