Jan 17, 2011

One Year Later: A Little Imagination Goes a Long Way

Exactly one year ago today, Marc and I made our second trip in two weeks up to Lake Tahoe from Sacramento to check out wedding venues. Tahoe was on the top of our (aka my) list for possible wedding locations, so despite the reports of a large snow storm rolling in, we braved the drive. We drove up to Heavenly Ski Resort to meet with Adriann, the catering director up there.

I fell in love with the whole place immediately! Despite some obvious drawbacks on that cold, stormy January day I was able to imagine the whole thing.

I saw this:



And imagined this*:


I saw myself transform from ragamuffin:


To bride:


This, I just knew:


Would become this:


I replaced the bundled up skiers:


With my fancied up loved ones:


And replaced these tables and chairs:


With celebration...:


...and dancing:


Seriously, looking back at the pictures I took one year ago today, I canNOT believe how insistent I ended up being that we have our wedding at Heavenly. I just trusted that there would be a view, and a fantastic one at that. I trusted that the almost mid-October weather would cooperate. And that the skiers hang-out could be suitably altered to resemble a proper wedding location. Crazy.

But it all worked out perfectly! I seriously could not have been more happy. Or lucky!


Because this engaged couple:



Became this married couple!


* It needs to be said again, that all of the good pictures here were taken by David Shirk The rest are from me or Marc.

No comments: