Jan 14, 2011

Spotted at the Grocery Store: Keeping Things Running

I have a confession to make: I am a voyeur.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I surreptitiously take stock of what the person in front of me puts on the belt. And I judge. But, c'mon, it is hard to not look at what the people in front of you are laying out on the belt! It is like a small window into their real life. And I find it fascinating.

I'll see things like... Peas! Corn! Mashed potato mix! And then think to myself... Perhaps they are making Shepard's Pie. How odd.

Or... Two six packs of beer! Tortilla chips! Ice cream! And... Sounds like a party! I wish I could go!

Or even... Light bulb! Batteries! Cookies! Rice! And... Hmmm. That's a random assortment of objects. Someone is doing some impulse shopping.

I apologize to all of the people out there who I have violated with my Grocery Voyeurism. But I also fully expect others to be judging my own purchases. Which is why if I go to the store to just get ice cream (an unfortunately common experience in the summer), I will also pick up some fruit or veggies as well. Just to make my selection seem less indulgent...

All that leads me to today's picture. (finally) Last night, at the grocery store, I spotted this:


Can't tell what I'm amused about? I wanted to be subtle, so I didn't use my zoom. Which is really just me moving closer and extending my arms, you know, so a bit too obvious.


Close up!

Prune juice and motor oil. They just seem so perfectly matched!

No comments: