May 24, 2006

Do do that Hoo-doo

At the beginning of this journey, I had two destinations: Sacramento, obviously, and for no really good reason: Bryce Canyon. Well, today was Bryce Canyon day! After six hours in the car and several hours of hiking, I'm pretty tired. So, I'll just say this: God did a good job on Utah. Now enjoy some pictures!


These are called hoodoos. Really! They are limestone structures formed by years of rain and ice. They come in all sorts of colors.


These are bridges - also formed the same way, but mostly by flowing water.


Me! A self-portrait. Yes, I was hiking with VBS (visible bra strap), but I didn't really plan out the clothes I packed for this trip... I was lucky I remembered sun block and my hiking boots! I missed a spot on my shoulder, so I have a funny little burn.


The Canyon was named Bryce Canyon after Ebeneezer Bryce. He was a Mormon pioneer who lived at the canyon in the olden days (I don't know when). Locals called it "Bryce's Canyon" and it stuck.





Now I'm tired and am going to bed. Check out Kodak Gallery for more pictures! If you can't get to those, let me know, and I'll e-mail you the link.

No comments: