Oct 21, 2005

Wikipedia Friday

I'm bored.

So! I've decided to institute "Wikipedia Friday" where I go on to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia click the "Random Article" link, and then comment on the resulting topic here on my blog. I plan to make this a weekly installment for at least one week.

Can you taste the excitement??? Please, feel free to join in the fun by finding your own random article.

Today's topic: "Crocodile clip." aka "alligator clip" or "roach clip"

What I learned: the plastic part used to cover the metal part of the clip when it is being used for electricity-type stuff is called a 'boot.' Also, there is something called a 'beige box' that involves crocodile clips. A 'beige box' is involved in something called 'phone phreaking.' I don't know what that is.

Personal anecdote involving "crocodile clip": Well. The other day, I went to the dentist to get some fillings and they clipped that blue paper towel thing around my neck, and the hygienist clipped a little bit of my hair in the crocodile clip so my hair was being tugged on the whole time I was getting my fillings. That was kind of annoying.

Thoughts on Wikipedia's "Crocodile clip" article: It left me wanting more. Though the 'beige box-phone phreaking tangent' was intriguing.

No comments: