Jan 3, 2011

A Thousand Words

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, with today's picture, I would like to tell you exactly what (some of) those 1000 words are. Or were, as the case may be.


Grandpa: Yay! Picture time! I’ll just take a seat right here.

Mom: If I tilt my head and smile just so, it will totally look like I’m happy.

Dad: These red shoes were totally a mistake

Brenna: I don’t think I like this.

Grandma: Who is that over there? They look familiar.

Mom: And the blue shoes are light and breezy.

Dad: But at least I have my totally awesome calculator watch on*!

Brenna: I don’t. I don’t like this.

Grandma: Is that Mitch and Sylvia Smith over there?

Mom: And only happy people wear blue shoes.

Brenna: I. Am. Not. Happy.

Dad: Go ahead, anyone – ask me a math question. Because I can totally answer it.

Grandma: I thought they were vacationing in Florida.

Brenna: Noooot Haaaapppppy.

Dad: My calculator watch is proof that the future is going to be good.

Grandma: Man, I wish we were in Florida, instead of sitting by this dreary brown river.

Brenna: I want candy.

Mom: And the smile plus the blue shoes? That should convince everyone that I am happy.

Brenna: And a puppy.

Grandma: I’m going to demand we go to Florida next year. I’ve had enough of the Midwest, and these bugs.

Dad: Imagine all the other things we’ll be able to strap to our wrists someday!

Brenna: Put me down.

Mom: Very happy!

Brenna: Put me down.

Grandma: Oh, no! They’re walking this way!

Brenna: Put me down.

Dad: Like radios!

Brenna: If you don’t put me down RIGHT NOW, I am going to start screaming.

Mom: Never mind the frizz-inducing heat…

Brenna: I’ll give you ten seconds…

Dad: And televisions!

Brenna: Ten…

Grandma: I can’t let Sylvia see me with my hair like this. There are no reliable salons in Minnesota, so my hair is a fright. This bandanna was the best I could do.

Brenna: Nine…

Mom: ...the fact that my in-laws are in town...

Brenna: Eight…

Dad: And phones!

Brenna: Seven…

Grandma: No! Don’t look at me, don’t look at me!

Mom: …the fetus fighting for supremacy over my body…

Dad: And maybe even computers!

Brenna: Six…

Grandma: Oh, good, they’re starting to turn around.

Dad: No, not computers. They’ll never be small enough to carry.

Brenna: Five…

Mom: …this darn toddler, who I bet is going to go ballistic any second…

Brenna: Four…

Grandma: No, no, no! They’re stopping again! We need to get out of here before they see me!

Brenna: Three…

Dad: But how totally awesome would it be to be able to carry around a whole computer?

Brenna: I did warn you…

Dad: But for now, seriously? How cool is my watch calculator?

Mom: …or my husband, who has a crazy calculator strapped to his wrist.

Brenna: Three…

Mom: No, I am happy.

Grandma: Kris, you’d better make sure that girl stays quiet or surely they’ll walk over here and try to talk to us.

Brenna: Two…

Mom: See? I’m smiling!

Brenna: One...

Grandpa: Maybe if I keep sitting here, no one will realize I’m with them


*Disclaimer: I'm not certain that my dad actually has his calculator watch on here. But I know he had one later in my life, so I'm just going to assume this was it.

No comments: