Oct 2, 2006

My New Passion

Hey, guess what? I like yarn.

Okay, okay. No big surprise from the person who learned how to spin yarn, has been to two (two!) Animal Fiber Fairs, drove twenty miles out of her way to go to a Yarn/Antique shop in Kansas and hoardes yarn like she's saving up for a worldwide yarn shortage.

I have a new yarn-using hobby now, though! And it is TAKING OVER MY LIFE.

I'm making toys! With yarn!

Yes, I fully acknowledge that I am 28 years old, and well above the age where one should be playing with stuffed animals, and in fact, the mere act of admitting that I still know what a stuffed animal is brings me nigh on being one of THOSE people -- you know - the stuffed animal people -- but... but... it's fun! And you can make some really crazy creatures. That are cute! And make me smile! So shut up with all your "Oh, Brenna must be one of those people" nonsense. Because, well. Maybe I am.

But here is my latest work in progress:

It isn't really anything in particular. But it fills me with happiness and insufflation!

Well. Maybe not insufflation, as that really means something like 'the act of filling with air.' But it sounds like it should mean 'the act of filling with joy and a sense of accomplishment.'

But who expects one of those people to use words correctly?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks like the flesh eating bacteria http://giantmicrobes.com/calamities/flesheating.html
but that's just how us PIM think.

David and Ari said...

Madeline would like to order a yarn creature for her toy box. Should I make the check out to Minerva the Wise?

Rachel and Eric Nelson said...

Hey! Where in Kansas did your yarn craze take you? I'm from Kansas, although never did pick up the yarn bug...

Rachel