Jan 10, 2005

Yo quiero Mickey Mouse!

I'm on peds rotation now. It has been quite fun - where else does playing with babies constitute a patient visit? How great is that? Except when you have to see kids like those I saw today.

There are a lot of good parents. Most parents, in fact, try really hard to do things right. Every once in a while, I think they get a bit overwhelmed, though. Like when they have a two year old and a three year old at the same time. And when they don't have any good disciplining skills.

Thus the situation leading up to me chasing a three year old boy around the office while he chanted 'Yo quiero Mickey Mouse. Yo quiero Mickey Mouse.' Which, for those non-Spanish speakers (and for those who missed the years of talking chihuahua Taco Bell commercials) basically means 'I want Mickey Mouse! Gimme Mickey Mouse!"

I won't go into any detail, but I found my patience with children (usually bigger than my patience with adults) sorely tested today.

Still really like peds, though.

No comments: