Jan 16, 2005

Well, darn.

I thought I could live the life of the sophisticated, academic-ish physician and be all smart and all that jazz. Drive the fancy car, live in the fancy house. Be a smart enough doctor that I could be rude to all the people around me and such. But it turns out that I just like kids too much. Sigh...

I can see myself being a neurologist. But I don't like that version of me as much as I like the pediatrician me. The one with the mini-van and the house in the subarbs (nice, but not nice). The one who is good at what she does, but is only a simple pediatrician after all, so has to be nice to everyone around her. I don't think that will be too hard. And I'd get to play with kids all day long!!

I guess thems the breaks.

Sorry Mom!

2 comments:

David and Ari said...

Oh yea! As much as you would be a wonderful neurologist, I was really getting worried the world had lost a darn good pediatrician!

Melissa said...

Uhh, ok.