Jan 7, 2016

Midnight Coffee

Okay, technically it isn't actually midnight, but 10:22 pm coffee sounds a lot clunkier.

The point is, it is getting late, and I smell coffee brewing, so I want some.

But it is getting late, and I'm 37 years old, and if I drink coffee at 10:22 pm, I will be up for about 3 more hours.

And then I'll wake up, and I will be like my 3 year old daughter when you wake her up after not getting enough sleep. In other words: grumpy and whiny. But, again, I am 37 years old, so I will be expected to function like a 37 year old and put on my own panties and make my own breakfast, which absolutely will include coffee. But I will have to have at least three cups of that coffee to feel like I am awake enough to also put on pants and socks, as adults must do, and then I'll have the too-much-coffee-shakes, and I'll have to pee a lot, which will make me even grumpier and whinier, but I will STILL be 37 years old and will have to also take care of the aforementioned 3 year old and her 1.5 year old twin brothers. After I get home from work that is. Which is where I sit right now telling myself that I do not, in fact, need 10:22 pm coffee.

But it smells so good!

And technically, it is now 10:28 pm coffee.

10:29. I had to proof read.

No comments: