Mar 18, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress: Sisters!

A few weeks ago, I was able to go home for a short (like 24 hours short) trip to do some wedding dress shopping with my sister. Melissa is getting married to her own Mark (awesome name) in July. It was great to be able to see my little sister try on some dresses as she prepares to become an extraordinary bride herself. And, I was lucky enough to be there to see the dress that she ultimately chose. Woo-hoo!

I got some fun pictures of the day, and finally got around to loading those onto my computer today. It inspired me to go back to my own days of trying on dresses to compare. We're awfully similar...

If your name is Mark, you should leave now. But if you are Marc, you can read on. Subtle, but very important distinction. (I won't actually post pictures of the dress she is going to wear, but she will be shown in white...)

We had a pre-dress meal:
February 2010

February 2011. Apparently, being a bride makes Melissa more genteel.

We smiled a lot:



We tried on dresses with pleats:



We pretended the dresses were eating us/we were melting:



We frequently adjusted the dresses:



We had fun with the trains:



We tried on dresses that weren't quite our style:



We even had the same reaction to the same dress:



At the end of the day, Melissa found her dress at this store, while I thought long and hard about getting this one:
but ultimately went another direction.

Now, all that's left is seeing Lindsay try on dresses!!

No comments: