Mar 2, 2007

And the Beat Goes On

Today is my last day on the wards as an intern (never minding the four weeks on nights, the four weeks on hem/onc and the four weeks of sub-specialty rotations) EVER. And, in fact, these are my last few minutes here. I'm about to go drop off my LAST intern note.

This is really exciting!

And, yet... I find myself dawdling. Look! I'm here, writing a blog post, when I should be leaving. I'm kind of... sad. Which seems just bizarre. Crazy bizarre. This past month has actually been... fun. Weird, right?

I think it's mostly that I just don't want to go onto another rotation when I already know these patients so well. And my life is so well entrenched in the pattern of getting up at the crack of dawn, spending most of my waking hours here, and going home and crashing in front of the TV. I just... don't know what to do when I'm not here any more. Plus, I don't want someone else messing with my patients.

This is bad.

I need a vacation.

No comments: