Apr 17, 2006

By The Way...

... I'm home for Easter! This trip totally took me by surprise - I mean, I knew it was coming, but it still feels like a bonus surprise week off. My parents and I are going to drive down to Sacramento in a couple of days to look for a new home for me... Daunting task.

Let me tell you about Easter, though. Mostly because I have some pictures to post.

It was a very 'adult' Easter this year. Not in the sense that we sat around watching R rated movies and telling dirty jokes. (Get your mind out of the gutter!!) It was just that, well, there were no children. No searching for Easter eggs. No Easter Bunny. Etcetera. We did have a visitor, however, but she doesn't have big, floppy ears. Chelsea - our old neighbor, and one of Lindsay's oldest friends - is living in Seattle these days (her family is in Pennsylvania), so she came down to join us.


This here is my lovely family. It was nice to have Chelsea here, as she worked very well as a photographer. And we made her clean the house, too.


Our version of an Easter Egg Hunt. Find the rocks!


You can see here that it didn't take long for us to totally engage Chelsea into our Easter traditions. This particular tradition has roots in my kindergarten days. And it isn't a tradition so much as everyone just making fun of me. Which kind of is a tradition, but not special to Easter.

One last thing I have to comment on: This August is my ten year high school reunion. Yes, I am oldy-old-old-old. Now, there was this boy back in the day that I had a cyclical crush on - meaning that from seventh grade through senior year, I had multiple crushes on him. Separated by, you know, other crushes. I had a lot of crushes... Anyway. I was keeping Cyclical Crush Boy in my mind as the potential movie-plot-like addition to my high school reunion - we meet again after ten years, yada yada. You know the plot.

Well, yesterday, I saw him! At church! With his wife. And baby.

Darn.

I guess it'd be more movie like if the person that I re-connect with after ten years is someone that I didn't really know in high school, anyway.

(I pretended I didn't see CCB because I was there with my family and he was there with his family, but his family was a wife and baby, and my family was my parents and sisters, and even though I'm going to be a doctor, which does give me some legitimacy in a mature, adult world, I'm not a doctor yet, so it just looks like I'm the 27 year old living with her parents.)

No comments: