Mar 31, 2010

Regarding Clothes: A Dilemma

Whoa! It is the end of March! Which means that April starts tomorrow. Did you know that? Somehow, I lost track of that bit of info.

Reasons why this matters:
1. Marc's birthday is April 2nd. Guess who has a present for him? Not me!
2. Our engagement pictures on are April 5th. Guess who has clothes to wear? Not me!

I am so woefully unprepared for April to arrive!

For the engagement shoot, I'm aiming for two looks: first an every day look - something that looks like us; second a fun vintage-y look that may be a bit over-the-top!

I totally have my fun outfit, but I don't know what I'll wear for my normal outfit. Most days I'm in either scrubs, workout clothes or pajamas. I live a glamorous life. None of those are quite picture worthy.

Want to see what my fun outfit is?? I know you do! I apologize for the lack of actual photographs. I'm at work right now, and at the mercy of the pics I can find online.

It started with the hat. I got it from Goodwill online (a site which will make several more important entries into my wedding planning) My hat is blue, but similar to this:

How fun is the birdcage veil hat? SO much fun is the answer.

Then came the dress, from Overstock.com

Sassy!

And finally, Cole Haan shoes from Nordstrom Rack. Similar to these, but peep-toed.

Cole Haan shoes are made by Nike, and use Nike air technology and are SO comfy.

A bit of a mish-mash of color, but in my head these pictures are black and white, so I'm not too worried. And the colors are all fun anyway, so it may end up looking okay.

I'll top it off with my new Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in cranberry cream





And I'll try to style my hair into a 1940s look a la Rita Hayworth or Ginger Rogers







Add to that whole look some props, and we're set. Well. I'm set. I'm not sure what Marc will wear to match me! He does have an idea, though, so I'm going to go with it.

See how prepared the fun look is?? What am I supposed to do for the normal look?

And in the meantime, what should I get Marc for his birthday?

No comments: